Event Center Chef/Kitchen Manager
Time: 20-30 hours per week
We are looking for an individual who can prepare most food for a buffet meal, ranging from 15 people to 80 people, before each Theater performance. Who can also oversee and help the preparation and execution of the dining room set up. Who can keep track of needed food for ordering and preparing.
Who can keep the kitchen running in a calm, yet fast paced manner. Who has good leadership skills to help encourage and oversee kitchen staff as they help prep food, serve food and clean up after dinners.
- Prep hot food for Event Center Buffets before Theater Shows
- Prep salad items (cut veggies) for pasta salad. Make pasta salad sauce.
- Make homemade gravy.
- Making Peanut Butter Spread (pre show days, in big batches)
- Cut Cheesecakes and prepare toppings and help plate. (toppings change seasonally)
- Prepare or oversee drinks. Coffee, Lemonade, Iced Tea.
- Oversee salad bar preparation.
- Oversee clean up staff.
- Help keep kitchen clean, dishes.
In addition to Buffet meals there will potential for occasional catering events, making Chocolates for Gift Shop, etc! There is also protentional for creative ideas!
Help manage the dining room preparation before each meal.
- Make sure tables were cleaned properly.
- Make sure table cards and place settings are one in a timely manner.
- Oversee ice water is on tables in a timely manner.
- Oversee buffet line preparation.
- Oversee drinks are turned on (Coffee) and out in a timely manner.
- Oversee that the floor is vacuumed when needed/end of night.